Woodbooger Demolition Derby
2018 hOPKINTON sTATE fAIR rULES
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Woodbooger Demolition Derby
Saturday September 1, 2018
Sunday September 2, 2018
Winner $7,500.00 Trophy and Jacket Second $2,000.00
Third $1,000.00 Fourth $500.00 Fifth $250.00
Entry: $50.00 includes a Pit Pass for Driver only
Pit Passes available for $15.00 each (sorry no one under 16 in the pit)
1. You must have a working seat belt, and it must be buckled.
2. You must wear long pants, no shorts.
3. Driver door must be painted FLOURESCENT GREEN.
4. Driver door and vertical pipe behind driver’s seat must be padded.
5. No smoking allowed on the track. Your helmet must remain on at all times.
6. It is highly recommended that each vehicle have a fire extinguisher located in the padding of the front passenger seat.
1. You must make contact every 60 seconds. You must give not receive
2. Do not hit the driver’s door. If you see green do not hit it.
3. Excessive smoking will be disqualified.
4. Sandbaggers will be disqualified.
5. Red flag means stop. Black flag means you are disqualified. Pay attention.
6. The last car to make a hit will be deemed the winner. Officials’ decision is final.
1. You must have a roof sign with your number painted on it. Any number or word (nothing offensive) is allowed. No offensive wording or gestures on vehicles, this is a family show.
2. Any passenger car, NO IMPERIALS, PRE 1970 LINCOLNS, HEARSES OR LIMOSINES. Pre-derbied cars are acceptable as long as they are not re-enforced.
3. Remove all glass including the windshield. Doors must be clean and free of glass. . All air bags must be removed. If an air bag goes off you will be disqualified.
4. Remove all lights, bumper covers, moldings and anything else that could be knocked loose onto the track.
5. Fuel tanks may be moved inside of the car, forward of the rear wheels and behind the front seat. Fuel tanks must be metal, six gallon maximum. Fuel tank must be secure and deemed safe by the inspectors. You must cover the fuel tank. Any tank mounting frame may be no larger than 24” X 24” square, and may be welded or bolted in 4 places, to the floor only, nothing may attach to frame or unibody rail.
Any stock fuel tank originally located behind the rear axle MUST be removed. No more than six gallons of gas in stock tanks.
EXCEPTION ** CROWN VICS, gRAND MARQUIS, LTD AND LINCOLNS (OR ANY CAR WITH THAT STYLE TANK) MUST HAVE TANK MOVED INSIDE THE VEHICLE**
6. One battery only. Battery may be moved to passenger side front floor and must be covered with a rubber mat. Battery should be securely mounted in a metal box. Box must be attached to floor only, not frame. If battery is left in place, spray foam cannot exceed 6 inches from battery.
7. Any air filled tires, no studded tires. ¼” thick weld in universal wheel centers are permitted. This is for lug pattern purposes only. No larger diameter will be allowed.
8. Electrical system hot wires may be installed.
9. Air cleaner must be in place.
10. Body Rules
A) You may weld as much as you want in front of, but not including radiator support. You may not add any steel. No loaded or homemade bumpers. Insides of bumpers must be viewable for inspection. Front and rear bumper may be wired or chained to body in 2 places, not the frame. Bumper may be cut with torches only, NO SHARP EDGES. Rear bumper may have no more than 2” of weld at each mounting side, total of 4” of weld for both sides.
b) You may replace body bolts with 5/8” bolt or all thread. Bolt or all thread may be no longer than 8”. Only two 3” X ¼” washers allowed per mount. One washer must be inside or under the frame, the other on top of body/floor. Rubber mounts must be in place. No hockey pucks. There must be ½” space between the body and frame.
C) Hood may be bolted down with 5/8” bolts or all thread and 3” washers no thicker than ¼” in 4 places. Bolts or all thread can be a maximum of 6” long and not attached to the frame. Do not weld washers to hood or body. Wire or chain is acceptable. No more than two strands of wire per hole.
D) Doors and trunk may have 12” of weld on each seam, 4” at a time, minimum 3” space between welds. Welding material must be no more than 2” wide and 1/8” thick. Wire or chain is acceptable option in 4 places. No more than two strands of wire per hole.
E) Wheel well may be cut for clearance and rebolted in 4 places each.
F) Hood and trunk must have a minimum 12” X 12” hole. Holes may be re-bolted in 8 spots total. No more than eight bolts on entire hood. Hood must cover the fan.
G) There must be a metal strap, wire or chain from the windshield to the roof on the driver’s side.
h) Rear frames may be cut or dimpled on 2 places, each side.
I) You may prebend rear of car, maximum 2”. Officials decision if you have over done it.
J) No wedging, dimpling or folding of cars.
K) Trunk and floor patches are acceptable and must be the size of the hole only. Metal must be same thickness as old material and welded or screwed 1” on 1” off. Patches must be painted fluorescent orange. All patches must retain any factory holes.
A) Any motor, transmission or 5 lug rear end may be used. Perches may be modified to fit but cannot reinforce rear end at all. No rear end bracing of any kind will be allowed.
B) Motor may be welded in at mounts.
C) Transmission may be welded in at mounts. Cross members must be either stock, or you may use a 2" diameter bar or pipe, with one piece of c-channel welded to each end. C-channel must be no longer than 6". You must bolt in all cross members with no more than 2 bolts per side. Bolted to frame only.
D) Distributor protectors are allowed. There must be a minimum 1” space between protector and firewall.
E) Pulley protectors and engine cradles are acceptable. No transmission braces of any kind allowed.
F) Transmission lines must be removed from radiator. Transmission coolers must be under the hood.
G) Shifter may be direct to the transmission.
H) All antifreeze must be removed.
I) Exhaust may exit through the hood.
J) Electric fan, clutch fan or plastic fan only.
K) Slider drive shafts are permitted.
L) Watts link conversion kits are acceptable.
A) Four point cage is allowed. It must go across dash, beside doors and across back of seat. Bar behind seat can be no more than 6” behind seat. It may be attached to car at cross bar ends only. Metal must be no larger than 4” diameter. Must be welded at corners only, don’t over do it. Safety cage cannot be attached to frame at all. No legs on cages. Cage must be at least 6” above the floor.
B) “No post” cars may weld a bar from door to roof to create a b-pillar. Halo bar is permissible, maximum 3” diameter. Halo bar may be attached to rear cage cross bar, not floor, and may be attached to the roof in two places.
C) No gas tank protectors.
***IF YOU HAVE NO PASSENGER SEAT, YOU MUST RUN A CROSS BAR BEHIND THE DRIVERS SEAT. NO EXCPETIONS.***
A) Springs must be original to vehicle
B) 2 clamps per side on leafs and coils. Leaf packs must have no more than 6 leafs per side.
C) You may chain humps to rear end.
D) You may stuff or weld shocks to set height.
E) Maximum bumper height 20” to bottom.
F) Front suspension must remain stock including A arms, tie rods, tie rod ends and ball joints.
g) You may bolt or chain each A arm in 1 place to set height.
h) Aftermarket steering column, wheel, and pump are permitted, steering box must be factory.
I) Vehicles must have original suspension cradles.
You may not bolt, weld or wire anything else, anywhere on the car unless it specifically says so in the rules. No extra bolts, frame or seam welding.
Top 5 cars will be re-inspected after the feature for official decision.
These rules are written in black and white, the gray area is not a good place to be!
If you have build questions call Jim at 508-577-6850
Any other question call Eileen at 508-577-3451