Woodbooger Demolition Derby
for cars, trucks and vans for all shows except hopkinton
THE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN ARE DESIGNED TO PROVIDE FOR THE ORDERLY CONDUCT OF RACING EVENTS AND TO ESTABLISH MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCH EVENTS. THESE RULES SHALL GOVERN THE CONDITION OF ALL EVENTS, AND BY PARTICIPATING IN THESE EVENTS, ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE COMPLIED WITH THESE RULES. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. THEY ARE INTENDED AS A GUIDE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THE SPORT AND ARE IN NO WAY A GUARANTEE AGAINST INJURY OR DEATH TO A PARTICIPANT, SPECTATOR, OR OFFICIAL.
THE RACE DIRECTOR SHALL BE EMPOWERED TO PERMIT REASONABLE AND APPROPRIATE DEVIATION FROM ANY OF THE SPECIFICATIONS HEREIN OR IMPOSE ANY FURTHER RESTRICTIONS THAT IN HIS/HER OPINION DOES NOT ALTER THE MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE REQUIREMENTS. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. ANY INTERPRETATION OR DEVIATION OF THESE RULES IS LEFT TO THE DISCRETION OF THE OFFICIALS. THEIR DECISION IS FINAL.
THE MANAGEMENT OF WOODBOOGER DEMOLITION DERBY
1. You must have a full face helmet, DOT approved.
2. You must have a working seatbelt.
3. You must wear long pants, no shorts
4. You must paint your drivers door FLOURESCENT GREEN, paint WILL NOT be provided.
5. It is highly recommended that each vehicle have a fire extinguisher located in the front passenger seat.
1. You must make contact every 60 seconds. You must give not receive
2. Do not hit the drivers’ door. If you see green do not hit it
3. Excessive smoking will be disqualified.
4. Sandbaggers will be disqualified.
5. Red Flag means stop, there may be a fire. Black flag means you are disqualified. Pay attention.
6. The last car to make a hit will be deemed the winner. Officials’ decision is final.
1. Any passenger car or full size pick up truck. No Imperials, pre 1970 Lincolns, Hearses or Limousines. Pre-derbied cars are acceptable as long as they are not re-enforced or welded.
EXCEPTION **BROCKTON FAIR MUST BE 1980'S OR NEWER VEHCILE**
2. Absolutely no welding is allowed anywhere on your car, unless otherwise noted below, no matter how small. You will be sent home.
3. You must have a roof sign with your number painted on it. Any number or word (nothing offensive) is allowed.
4. Remove all glass including the windshield. Doors must be clean and free of glass. . All air bags must be removed. If an air bag goes off you will be disqualified.
5. Remove all bumper covers, lights and molding or anything that can be knocked loose onto the track.
6. Engines, transmissions and rear ends must be the same make as the car, unless otherwise noted.
7. Fuel tank may be moved inside of the car, forward of the rear wheels and behind the front seat. in the center of the car. Fuel tank must be marine type plastic, metal or after market, six (6) gallon maximum. Fuel tank must be secure and deemed safe by the inspectors. Fuel tank mounting cannot add strength to the car. You must cover the fuel tank. If tank is left in the original position it should have no more than six (6) gallons of gas. It is not recommened to use the original tank inside the car.
EXCEPTION ** CROWN VICS, GRAND MARQUIS AND LINCOLNS MUST HAVE TANK MOVED INSIDE THE VEHICLE**
8. One battery only. Battery may be moved to passenger side front floor and must be covered with a rubber mat. It must be secured with bolts or ratchet strap around the floor sheet metal and battery, not the frame. The battery must be secure, it cannot move when inspectors check it for tightness. If battery is left in place, spray foam cannot exceed 6 inches from battery.
9. All anti-freeze must be removed, water only in radiator.
10. Rear differential may be locked or welded for posi-traction. Rear end may be from a different manufacturer as long as it bolts directly in, has not been modified in any way and trailing arms must remain original to the vehicle.(EX. GM rear end bolts in directly to Ford)
11. Drivers’ door (only) may be welded with a maximum 12 inches on each seam (fender, backside and bottom). You may install 2 pipes in an "X", maximum 3 inch pipe or tube behind the driver seat from door to floor for safety reasons only. Maximum 6 inch square plates at each end, this may be welded in. If you do not have a passenger seat a bar is mandatory.
12. Remaining doors must be open for inspection and may be chained or wired shut after inspection. Maximum 5 places, below window openings and not around the frame and 2 places above window openings, 2 strands maximum.
13. Hood and trunk may be chained or wired shut in four places only after inspection. Wire must be #9 gauge maximum, two (2) strands per hole. Hood and trunk may be wired or chained around through bumpers in two (2) of these holes.
14. Motor mounts and transmission mounts may be wired, chained or welded.
15. Any air filled tires, no studded tires. ¼” thick weld in universal wheel centers are permitted. This is for lug pattern purposes only. No larger diameter will be allowed. No studded tires.
16. Any bumper from a car only may be used. Bumpers may be cut, if they are cut off at all they cannot extend more than 3" from the shock plate or outside attachment point. No after market mounting brackets. You may weld front bumpers in 4 places with no larger than 1" long separate welds. Welds cannot be wider than 1/2" and 2 passes only. If front bumper shocks are mounted inside of frame they can only be a maximum of 10" inside or beside frame and can only be attached the same way it was originally intended. Inspectors discretion only.
17. Fender wells may be cut for clearance; however, they may not be welded, rolled or re-attached for strength.
18. Shifting linkage may be hooked up direct to the transmission. Shifter handle must be safe.
19. All transmission lines must be disconnected from the radiator to prevent oil spills. A transmission cooler may be installed under the hood or the lines must be looped.
20. Electrical system hot wires may be installed.
21. Air cleaner must be in place
22. There must be must be (2) 6” X 6” openings in the hood. One on either side for fire department access. Hood holes may be cut out, no folding, rolling or reinforcing around hood openings.
23. Exhaust may be exited through the hood.
24. All body mounts must be original and cannot be repaired or altered in any way. If it looks like it has been tampered with the body bolt will be removed and replaced with two stands of #9 wire. Officials discretion.
25. The rear of the car may be bent up a maximum of 2 inches. There is no hammering, kinking or folding any part of the car such as quarter panels or roof posts. It will be the officials decision to if you have overdone it and you will be made to bend it back to original.
26. If your car has anything on it that did not come from the factory (distributor protectors, engine cradles, pulley protectors, rear end braces, etc) it must be removed unless noted in rules.
27. Suspension must be stock, no added leaf springs or heavier than stock to that vehicle coil springs. You may use one piece of chain no larger than 5/16” Diameter at each wheel area to set desired height. Chain for suspension set may be welded with one (1) 1/2" weld at each end, no welding links together.
1. Truck preparation is the same as the prep for cars.
2. Trucks 4X4
3. Bed can be attached to the cab be either welding or chain. MAXIMUM OF 2 6" WELDS PER SIDE.
4 Rear frame rails must be deemed safe.